Everyone is super friendly and we are there to support each other. Instruction is available for Armored [imagine knights], Rapier [or fencing imagine swashbucklers], Youth Combat [imagine padded ‘boffer’ weapons, made safe to a fare-thee-well] (coming soon), and Dance (with a live band!). Storvik practice is free to attend, though donations are welcome to help cover rental costs.
Storvik’s practice takes place at
4512 College Ave, College Park, MD 20740
- Knight Marshal (head of Fighter practice): The person in charge of the Fighter practice is the Knight Marshal. They’re responsible for making sure everything goes smoothly, and that the site stays safe. Bluntly: do what they tell you.
- Waivers: The SCA requires all martial participants sign a waiver. The waivers are usually on a table by the door.
- Equipment needed for your first fighter practice: You don’t need any special equipment to get started! Show up in loose fitting clothes the first week, and go on from there. Both Armored and Rapier require long pants, a long-sleeved shirt, and a cup (if appropriate for your body). Some loaner gear can be provided during practice. Please reach out to the Knight Marshal ahead of time.
- Be Aware: Practice can be very loud. It takes place in a large room with all disciplines (Rapier, Armored, and Dance) very close to one another. It’s exciting and fun, but can be intense for those with sensory issues.
- Dance/Music: All levels are welcome, from beginners to advanced musicians and dancers. Bring your feet or instrument and join us!
- Time: Fighter Practice runs roughly from 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm, and Dance Practice is from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- Location: Practices take place at St. Andrew’s Church in College Park. In cold weather everyone practices inside – look for the metal staircase into the rec room. In warm weather, fighters often work outside while dancers work in the courtyard across from the playground.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately the indoor practice area is not wheelchair accessible.
- Parking: Parking is free, and we have permission to use the parking lot outside of the church.